Group of Schools Emidio Navarro (GSEN, in Portuguese: Agrupamento de Escolas Emidio Navarro, AEEN), was created in April 2013, resulted from the aggregation of Emidio Navarro Secondary School with Schools Group D. António da Costa. It is located in Almada, a city that is located in the Metropolitan Area of Lisbon, on the south bank of the Tagus river. The Emidio Navarro, D. António da Costa schools are formed as the oldest public schools in Almada, having been created, respectively, in 1956 and in 1959.
The (AEEN) recently created, encompasses seven schools covering all levels of education, from kindergarten to secondary level (12th grade):
- High School Emidio Navarro (ESEN) – with the 3rd cycle of basic education, regular secondary education, VET courses and courses of education and training of adults.
- School 2.3 D. António da Costa ( EDAC ) – with the 2nd and 3rd cycles of basic education
- Schools and EB1 EB1 Almada paragraph 3 of Cova da Piedade – .1 with the basic education cycle.
- Schools EB1/JI vanes Peace EB1/JI Cova da Piedade and EB1/JI #3 of Almada – with the 1st cycle of basic education is well developed and where pre-school education in kindergartens for children that integrate these three schools.
The educational community Grouping break down as follows by the various schools:
- ESEN: 1050 students and 91 teachers.
- EDAC: 800 students and 63 teachers.
- Schools 1st cycle: 720 students and 37 teachers.
- Kindergarten: 235 children and 7 teachers.
The seven schools that comprise the GSEN have a location close to each other in the central city area. Serve in this way, a typically urban population living in Almada or that residing in other parishes of the county, in the city have their place of work or even family members who give the necessary logistical support to students where parents work Lisbon.
The schools are involved in several European Erasmus+ projects Ka2 and are also a European Erasmus+ KA1 course providers: www.europe.almadaforma.net
Rui Baltazar – President of General Council of AEEN, teaches ICT and Computers
António Barreiros – teaches Mathematics